Healthy digestion means healthy you. If poor lifestyle has left you with constipation then here are few tips to get rid of it:
- HIGH FIBER FOODS: High fiber foods like whole grain cereals like daliya, oats and pulses, seasonal veggies and fresh fruits are high in fiber and helps in relieving constipation. Avoid foods made with reined flour like pastas, noodles, breads and biscuits. Green leafy vegetables especially spinach juice mixed with equal amount of water is known to be helpful. Fiber is essential for healthy gut. Instead opt for multi grain flour or multigrain breads. You can also add bran to the flour for making chapattis. Brown rice is full of fiber. So let it replace white variety of rice. Sprouts again are very good source of fiber. Add them to rolls, salads, raitas, soups, etc and enjoy a hearty meal.
- WATER: Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated. We require minimum of 8-12 glasses of water per day. This will help the toxins to flush out either in the form of urine or sweat. Make sure that you have a glass of warm water after you wake up. You can also add a dash of lemon juice to the water and consume it in the morning.
- NO MORE JUICES: Include the freshness of seasonal fruits rather than juicing them. This deprives them of fiber. Also packaged food and canned juices are full of sugar so beware of including them in your diet. papaya and guava specially helps in relieving constipation.
- CONDIMENTS AND NUTS: Adding condiments like ginger juice, zeera, ajwain, flax seeds to the daily diet helps in relieving constipation. chia seeds also help in relieving the symptoms.
- ISABGOL: Bulking agents like isabgol also helps in relieving constipation. It can be taken with water for good results.
These tips will surely going to reduce your time on pot.
Enjoy your journey to health..!!