Here are few tips to relieve constipation:
1. Pure olive oil is more than just a healthy and tasty fat, it can also help relieve constipation. It stimulates your digestive system, which helps get things moving through your colon, and taken regularly it can prevent constipation as well.
You will need… -1 tablespoon of olive oil and -1 teaspoon of lemon juice (optional)
Directions -- In the morning consume one tablespoon of olive oil.It works best on an empty stomach, so have it before you eat anything else. If you forget, wait until later when you haven’t eaten for a while. You can mix it with a little bit of lemon juice if you like to lighten the flavor (lemon juice also acts as a natural aid for constipation.)
2. The citric acid in lemon juice acts as a stimulant for your digestive system, and can also help flush out toxins and undigested material that may have built up along the walls of the colon. Mixing the juice with water not only lessens the intensity of the lemon flavor, but helps get you the fluids you need to get everything moving normally again.
You will need… -1 fresh lemon and -1 cup of warm water
Directions -- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon into 1 cup of warm water. Drink or sip until finished completely.
3. Try Molasses -- You will need…-1 teaspoon of black-strap molasses and -warm water or tea (optional)
Directions -- Consume one teaspoon of black-strap molasses. Start slow and small here-if you don’t like the flavor of molasses, you can add it to a cup of warm water or tea to dilute the taste. If you find that a teaspoon has not been effective, you can go as high as 1-2 tablespoons, but try less at-first.
4. Use pure aloe vera gel from the plant. The gel straight from the plant is more concentrated than commercial aloe juice so don’t use more than 2 tablespoons. If you don’t have an aloe plant, than drinking aloe juice can accomplish similar results.
You will need…
-2 tablespoons of pure aloe gel or 1 cup of aloe vera juice
Directions -- Mix two tablespoons of pure gel with fruit juice and drink in the morning, OR drink one cup of aloe vera juice as needed.
5. Establish a routine -- Potty schedules aren’t just for puppies, they’re a great way to relieve and prevent constipation in humans too. Regulating the timing of when you go to the bathroom will regulate your bowel movements as well. Set aside about 15 minutes anywhere from 1-3 times a day, and take your time, even if nothing happens. Make sure you stay relaxed, and eventually your body will catch on.