Granny TIP 1:
- Start your day with 2 glasses of warm water
- 1 glass warm water with 1 spoon lemon juice and ½ spoon turmeric
- Take any soaked nut like almond before breakfast.
- Have protein-rich food for breakfast.
- (Mid-morning – 11 am) Beetroot juice /Any other juice /Sattu Serbhet / Coconut Water
Granny’s TIP 2
- A good recommendation to add to diet: Eggplant, Moringa leaf, All leafy vegetables, Turnips, Bitter gourd, etc.
- Best fruit recommendation: Apple, Banana, Berries, Grapes, Watermelon, Lemon, Orange, Peaches and Pears.
- Start meals with vegetable salad and end with buttermilk or yogurt.
- Include more of Cinnamon, Ginger, Green chili, Black pepper, Mustard, Jeera in the diet. Give last preference to curry powder to add on spice.Tea: Ginger / Tulsi leaf tea
- CINNAMON: Add cinnamon powder to rice, idly, curd, etc. Take 1 pod of garlic daily – before eating expose crushed garlic to open air for some time and then swallow craving for sweets – choose best nutritious option among them Eg: Dates or Dry fruit ladoo (without sugar), choose Rasagulla over Gulab Jamun etc. Moong dal vada, Besan flour snacks, Sattu mix, Puran Poli with Jaggery, Pakora, Dahi vada, etc
Granny’s TIP 3
- CARE: Wash vegetables with 2 percent saltwater or 1 part vinegar with 4 part water. Coldwater wash is best.
- CULTURE: Follow what you are born and brought up with – Your DNA will love it. Powder sunflower, pumpkin seed, sesame seed powder 1 spoon to any drink or food item daily.
- CLAY: Add cinnamon to tea as a sweetener. Or drink tea in clay pots.
Granny’s TIP 4
- Add salt to food at the end of cooking.
- Use cinnamon or jaggery as a sweetener.
- Never boil tea leaves or brew them.
- Filter coffee is the best choice as compared to instant coffee.
- Take amla juice/aloe vera juice daily.
- Have fermented rice with yogurt and green chili for breakfast.
- Take coconut water or cucumber daily evening.
- Avoid the 3 whites – White Flour (Maida/All Purpose Flour), White Sugar, White Salt
Granny’s TIP 5:
BEST FOOD COMBINATIONS –
- Helps in better absorption of Nutrients: Add methi to tadka
- Potato+turmeric+curry leaf
- Sattu Serbet/ Bael Sherbet in summer
- Wheat Chappathi with raita+garlic+peanutPoha/semolina with peanut + lemon juice
- Banana with milk
- Chickpea spinach with tomato
- Sprouts with yoghurt and tamarind chutney
- Add more tamarind to your curries or garcinia tamarind is best
- To mustard seeds add garlic onion and olive oil
- Palak Panner with egg.
- In earthen pots and bamboo.
- Use banana leaf for steaming.
- Early dinner reduces the night quantity of food intake.
- Choose light food or soups or salads.
- Eat what has life in it. (Eg.: Choose Sprouts, Vegetables & Fruits, over a Biscuit/Chocolate/Snacks)
- Make cereals or main meals nutritious – You won't need supplements
***THESE ARE GENERAL DIET ADVICES. THIS MAY VARY FROM PERSON TO PERSON AND ACCORDING TO THEIR DIET CONDITION.
- Eat slow, Eat when hungry, Drink when thirsty
- Do not snack in between
- Search for nutrition in every-food you take
- Eat that has life in it and wholesome food (Eg.: Sprouts, Vegetables, Fruits)
- Food correction is primary, medicines and supplements are secondary/optional only
- Follow traditional techniques followed by our previous generations (home remedies & techniques)