Summer Vacations are coming to an end but the summers aren’t. So, once your children’s school reopens, it would be difficult for them to bear the heat outside and spend the whole day at the school. Obviously, we can’t help but send them as per the schedule, but their discomfort and chances of getting ill because of summer can be reduced drastically.
Some tips to do the same:
- Sufficient Fluid Intake: Ensure that your child is sent to school with sufficient water and that too in insulated bottles which keeps the water cool. Don’t pack chilled but mildly cold water or it can harm their throat. If your child is week also consider packing a 500ml bottle of Glucose water along with normal water.
- Umbrellas: The weather is tolerable in the morning when they are leaving for school but in the after when they come back, the heat waves can take a toll on their health. So, make sure they have an umbrella to take care of it.
- Cool Fabric: The school dress is decided by the school but you can choose the fabric. Ensure that the fabric isn’t too thick and can absorb the sweat well. Change and wash their dresses every day or it can be infectious with all the germs.
- Cotton Handkerchiefs: There should be at least two handkerchiefs with your child, one for before lunch break and one for after that.
- Choice of Food: Feed cool fruits and vegetables to your children during summer time. Watermelon, bottle gourd, citrus fruits, cucumbers, etc. are good options. Do not pack too much oily food for their school lunch. We know that it is easier said than done. But there is nothing which is too much when it comes to the health of your child. If you worry about their heavy bags, get them trolley bags so they aren’t burdened with it.