We have a treasure chest of spices literally so because the spices we use in our daily cooking has lots of medicinal value. Our kitchen herbs work wonderfully well on few of the ailments.
Turmeric is yellow colour spice in our kitchen commonly used to give vibrant colour to our world famous curries.Medicinal use: Turmeric is used as a remedy for the following common problems:
- WOUND, BRUISES and SPRAIN:
1. Take 1 tsp turmeric powder with hot milk.
2. Take 500ml of water and boil it with 1 tsp sendha namak and 1 tsp turmeric powder. Give fomentation to the bruised part with a cloth soaked in this water. This will help get rid of pain and swelling in that region.
- SKIN PROBLEMS:
1. Apply the paste of turmeric and sesame oil on the body to prevent eruptions.
2. To avoid any kind of skin problems apply turmeric paste before a bath.
3. To cure itching take roasted turmeric with jaggery.
4. To eliminate freckles and spots rub ground turmeric on stone with the help of water and then apply this paste on the skin.
5. You can also make a paste of ground turmeric with the milk of banyan or pipal and soak it overnight and then apply it for 1 hour before bath. This will help in removing freckles and also give a glow to the face.
6. Make a pudding of 2 tsp flour with 1 tsp ghee and 1 tsp turmeric, 2 tbsp sugar and 1 cup water and take this in the morning it will help in curing Urticaria.
- DIGESTIVE AID:
1. To get instant relief from acidity take turmeric powder and salt in equal quantity with warm water.
2. Taking curd or buttermilk with turmeric after lunch cures digestive problems.
3. Grind 4 gms turmeric, 4 gms dried ginger, 2 gms black pepper and 2 gms cardamom and take this mixture after meals this will aid digestion and will eliminate flatulence.
- LIVER PROTECTION: Turmeric help in minimizing liver damages caused by taking excess alcohol regularly or using pain-killer.
- ARTHRITIS: Turmeric help relieve wound inflammation and in treating arthritis.
Ginger has been used for years to treat a variety of ailments. But the many health benefits of ginger are more than mere ancient remedies and folktale. Today, ginger is used to treat a wide range of health problems, which is backed by scientific research.
- Ginger has the health benefit of relieving motion sickness and upset stomach. So if you prone to motion sickness, you should drink ginger tea.
- Experts believe that a compound called gingerol found in ginger is responsible for blocking the body’s vomiting reflex. Whether it’s for motion sickness, simple upset stomach or for morning sickness, ginger has the health benefit of working wonders on the stomach.
- Is arthritis pain getting you down? The researchers believe that ginger was able to give relief to those with arthritis because ginger contains compounds that block prostaglandin is that causes pain and swelling through inflammation. So take ½ teaspoon of powdered ginger and brew a tea or take six teaspoons of fresh ginger and drink your pain away.
- Another health benefit of ginger is that may help relieve the pain and resulting nausea of migraines. Ginger is a food that has many health benefits.
- Ginger has the health benefit of easing headaches and migraines, easing upset stomach and motion sickness. So give ginger a try, it might just give your health that added boost.
- improve digestion
- maintain a healthy metabolism
- cure skin problems (wounds, rashes and boils)
- treat a sore throat
- cure acid reflux
Recent studies have shown that Fenugreek helps lower blood glucose and cholesterol levels, and may be an effective treatment for both type 1 and 2 diabetes. Fenugreek is also being studied for its cardiovascular benefits.
Uses of Fenugreek:
Home Remedy for-
- Balancing Cholesterol
- Treating Diabetes
- Lowering Blood Sugar Levels
Herbal Cure for Skin Inflammation- A simple skin inflammation remedy is to take a spoonful of fenugreek and grind it into powder. Mix it with warm water to make a poultice and apply it directly onto the inflamed skin. (A poultice is simply a piece of cloth that has been soaked into the warm water mixture and then applied to the skin).