14 Tips for Adopting Plan to Promote Weight Loss
- To promote a weight loss of about half to one pound (0.22-0.45 kg) per week, eat a well-balanced vegetarian diet that contains 300 to 500 calories per day less than you need. Larger athletes with higher energy expenditures can eat about 500 to no more than 1,000 calories per day less than needed. This will promote a reduction of one to two (0.45-0.9 kg) pounds per week. Customize the meal plan for weight reduction by estimating energy needs, subtracting 500 to 1,000 calories, and rounding to the nearest 200 calories. This calorie target can then be used to develop a pyramid-style meal plan as discussed.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, which are packed with water, fiber,vitamins, minerals, and much more. You can add as many non starchy vegetables to the plan as you want because they add few calories.
- Learn to take smaller portions of food.
- Avoid the all-you-care-to-eat buffets.
- Drink plenty of water and other low-calorie beverages.
- Limit your intake of alcohol and sugar-containing beverages, including sport drinks.
- Spread food intake throughout the day and don’t skip breakfast—or for that matter, lunch or dinner. Three meals and three snacks as shown in the sample meal plans may be appropriate for spreading out food intake.
- Keep a food log recording when and why you eat. The worksheets downloaded from the MyPyramid Web site may be useful for logging yourdaily progress in relation to your pyramid plan.
- Assess your non training physical activity. If needed, get off the couch!
- Watch emotional eating. If you feel like snacking, take a walk or have a cup of coffee or tea instead.
- Fix an enjoyable vegetarian meal, and splash on the flavored vinegar if desired.
- Watch your calcium. Although it is not a magic bullet, it ensures good bone health.
- Learn lifelong healthy habits that will help you maintain a healthy body weight. You will have greater success if you think you are following a healthy meal plan rather than a diet.
- Go slowly and don’t look for magic.
#tipstoweightloss #limitalcoholintake #eatsmallerportions #don'tskipbreakfast #avoidbuffets #chiropractic #vishwasvirmani