One of the leading causes for ill health is DEPRESSION.
It is a common mental illness which causes sadness and everything feels more challenging when you're dealing with depression e.g. going to work, socializing with friends, or even just getting out of bed can feel like a struggle.
Depression drains your energy, hope, and drive, making it difficult to take the steps that will help you to feel better.
Symptoms: anxiety, feeling sad/ hopeless, changes in appetite and weight, loss of interest, frustration, etc.
TIPS FOR COPING WITH DEPRESSION:
- Eat healthy diet which includes more of fruits and vegetables, complex carbs, lean proteins and boost your mood with foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids i.e. walnuts, olive oil, fish, flax seeds, etc. Don’t skip meals. Have small frequent meals a day. Also include some Vitamin B foods in your diet like green leafy vegetables, egg, beans, chicken, and also citrus fruits. Don’t forget to drink water, so drink plenty of water and stay well hydrated.
- Exercise regularly. Exercise can help you to lift your mood. If you haven't exercised for a while, start gently by walking for 30 minutes every day.
- Give those closest to you a chance to help out. Talk your feelings with your close friend or family member you trust whenever you feel low.
- Call a friend or family member and get together for coffee, or meet up at a park.
- Try to increase the amount of time you spend on activities you enjoy, be it listening to music/ dancing/ going for a walk with friend or a pet/ etc.
- Get some sunlight at least 10-15 mins a day. Sun gives Vitamin- D. Don't forget to apply sunscreen.
- Sleep well.
- Avoid negative thoughts and negative people.
- Avoid stress. Try yoga.
- Avoid aerated drinks, junk, fried, sugary and processed food.
- Limit tea/ coffee intake if excessive.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking.
- Try Homeopathy. Homeopathy is safe, gentle, free from side effects and not habit forming. Homeopathy is known to be very effective in treating depression. It helps to reduce the dose of conventional medicines over time. Homeopathy is deep acting and addresses root cause of depression. Homeopathy and counselling go hand in hand.
Recovering from depression takes time. The new habits and skills you learn now will you help throughout your life.