“Be true to your teeth, they won’t be false to you.”
- Brush your teeth twice a day.
- Night brushing is very important, because during sleep our mouth is at rest so there are more chances of accumulation of bacteria which cause further cavities and leads to disturbance of the oral cavity.
- Follow a proper brushing technique.
2. Use a good fluoridated toothpaste with a right toothbrush. Toothpaste should have 1000ppm of fluoride and toothbrush should have a small and narrow head with soft bristles.
- Flossing helps to remove food stuck in between your teeth.
- It can be done daily or 2-3 times a week.
- Waxed dental flosses available in market are by ORAL B, COLGATE.
4. INTERDENTAL BRUSH
- If the spaces in between the teeth are wide, you can use an interdental brush.
5. ORAL IRRIGATION
- Now-a-days a new dental aid is added which helps to clean the teeth, interdental areas, inside the gums and below the crowns more easily.
- It is also known as dental “water flosser” or “oral irrigator” available in brands like WATERPIK,PANASONIC, etc.
6. Drink plenty of water and Rinse after every meal.
7. Clean your tongue surface daily.
8. PIT AND FISSURE SEALANTS
- The grinding teeth in a person” mouth erupt at 12-16 years of age. They have deep grooves and pits in which food gets stuck. A Sealant is applied to these teeth which makes the grooves shallow and prevents food and bacteria from getting into the teeth and causing decay.
9. WHITENING- HOME REMEDIES
- Add a pinch of baking soda in drinking water and rinse twice a day.
- Consume strawberries once a day or crushed strawberries applied to teeth helps as teeth whitener.
10. Visit your dentist every 6 months and get your scaling (cleaning) and polishing done.