From namkeen snacks to plates full of mithais, we have indulged in them all. The festive season, as a result of this bingeing, results in most of us gaining weight.
Post festival is the perfect time to get back on track and back in shape.
10 Tips to Detox Post Diwali:
1) Stay well hydrated. Drink plenty of water which will flush out excess fat/ sugar. Plus add on some coconut water, lemon water, vegetable soup.
2) Include more of fruits and green vegetables in your diet. Eat small frequent meals and don’t skip any meal especially the 1st meal of the day i.e. breakfast. Prefer roasting, steaming, grilled, boiling vegetables.
3) Eat complex carbs (whole grains, brown rice, oats, etc), lean protein (sprouts, skimmed milk, low fat yogurt, nuts, lean chicken, fish, etc) and healthy fats like omega-3 (walnuts, flax seeds, fish, olive oil, etc).
4) Add 1-2 cups of green in your diet. It is high in antioxidants, hence great for your hair, skin and health.
5) Exercise daily for at least 45 mins. E.g. brisk walking, cycling, swimming, etc. You must sweat it out to flush out toxins all on its own.
6) Get enough sleep. Do not stress. Try yoga to de-stress your-self.
7) Avoid simple complex like white rice, white bread, etc.
8) Limit salt intake. Instead add some herbs like garlic, ginger, cinnamon, etc.
9) Avoid fried, processed, sugary and junk food. Also avoid aerated drinks, alcohol.
10) Quit smoking.