Workout diet

Hi. I m 22. I love working out at home .I workout every day for at list 1/2 n hour...but my problem is...I tend to get tired during warm up itself.I do jumping jack as my warm up before I start with my actual workout routine.I get tired very fast n most of the time feels as if I will faint.sometimes it blacksout in front of me during workout or even if I get up from sofa or bed.I literally have to stand for few seconds in the middle if blackout occurs...my energy level is very low while working out.plz help coz I love working out to be fit.also I don't have asthma or anything.. I m slim and in proper shape..wat should I intake ...plz help.

Doctor Answers (3) on Workout diet

Saurabh Bhalla Delhi | Occupational Therapist
The symptoms you describe all point at low BP (low Blood pressure), probably caused due to excessive loss of water and other electrolytes. you probably are losing more water in working out I recommend you to have glass or 2 of water before hitting for workout. you may also try having lemonade before workout and also after workout. Energy drinks such as redbull etc... are packed with carbohydrates . that won't help a lot. As per a study in London. gatorade , water, orange juice and beer, the marathon runners using beer hydrated and came to homeostasis (maintaining electrolyte balance much quicker as in compared with any other method). just making a reference. I don't intend you to consume beer, WATER AND LEMONADE ARE FINE.
check your blood pressure before and after the workout and try balancing your electrolyte and water levels.
hydrating yourself is the most important thing before and after workout. STAY HEALTHY
Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
Calf Stretches Standing calf stretch Stand away from a wall and.put your fight foot behind you and be sure your toes are facing forward. Lean forward at the ankle while bending the right knee and keeping your heel on the ground. Hold this for 30 to 60 seconds. Repeat 10 times a twice a day. Downward dog yoga stretch Get down on all fours with your hands under your shoulders on the floor. Walk your hands forward slightly on the floor. Spread your fingers apart to allow for a broad base of support. Push your hips up toward the ceiling and tighten your abdominal muscles. Keep your heels on the ground and gently try and straighten your knees. Repeat 10 times a twice a day. Wall calf stretch Stand about two feet away from a wall. Place the ball of your right foot against the wall while your heel remains on the ground. Slowly and gently lean into the wall while keeping your knee straight. Hold this for 5 seconds. Repeat 10 times twice a day. Downward dog yoga stretch Get down on all fours with your hands under your shoulders on the floor. Walk your hands forward slightly on the floor. Spread your fingers apart to allow for a broad base of support. Push your hips up toward the ceiling and tighten your abdominal muscles. Keep your heels on the ground and gently try and straighten your knees. Hold this for the 5 seconds. Repeat 10 times twice a day.
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello...... You should check your blood pressure once... If you had any history of syncopal attack it's significant... some heart problem, some neurological problem, anemia or dehydration could be the cause for this.... Complete checkup is required ,consult general physician in nearest hospital.