Want to Resume Workout

Hello, I used to do heavy gym workouts hence faced few injuries , took a gap of 2 hears. I concluded that my ligaments and tendons are weak. Should I strengthen all of my joints by doing some isometric exercises and stretching , for a month before starting workout? Is this a correct approach? Plz suggest

Physiotherapist 4 yrs exp Navi Mumbai
Hello, glad to see you recover from injury and its good that you are willing to return to gym... Well, as you have mentioned few types of exercises here, let's be very assured that the injury is completely healed and you have no pain at all, I am mentioning this because gym exercises will put considerably more amount of stress to joints, ligaments and muscles. However, isometric and stretching exercises are a kind of exercises which has very little role in gaining strength. You can always do it without any doubt in mind and they are not going to hurt any tissue unless overdone or wrongly executed. ..