Wisdom teeth decaying

Before three days i went to a dental clinic and my doctor observed that my wisdom teeth is decaying. He asked me to take antibiotics for three days and today he took my x ray and said i need a surgery. I was not sure so i consulted another dentist who asked me to go for an opg test so that he may decide whether surgery is to be done or not. Now i am confused whether i should go for the surgery or opg first. I have attached my x ray. Also my dentist is asking for Rs.5000 for surgery and another one is asking for Rs.1500.Both are BDS.

Doctor Answers (5) on Wisdom teeth decaying

Hi..get it done by a oral surgeon. He can remove it smoothly. Cost varies. Regards
Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla Faridabad | Oral Pathologist
OPG will be definitely recommended in this case to visualise the case better.... to the best of my understanding, this tooth will require surgical extraction only, but I will recommend that you get the procedure done by an oral surgeon, rather than a BDS..... also you should not delay this treatment further before the symptoms aggravate..... Regards.....
Hello...wisdom tooth removal has to be done for sure as it is decayed.opg gives us more details than normal x.ray but it is optional.
This is to be extracted for sure . there is no harm getting Opg done . extraction is only solution
Dr. Ankit Jain Delhi | Dentist
Dear Practo User,
A OPG is always better to visualize the condition of your tooth as it helps in assessing the bone level at which tooth is present and also the proximity to the nerve. These all has to be assessed thoroughly before extraction is performed to prevent injury to nerve and give you better treatment. As you can also appreciate in the X-RAY that complete tooth is not visible. So I would recommend you to go for an OPG. As per the treatment is concerned, surgical or non surgical can be decided on the basis of OPG image. To me it looks like a surgical case. Now coming to the charges, it depends upon the clinician doing the case.
Go for an OPG and get this tooth extracted. Choice of your doctor should always depend on his skill and your satisfaction, never on the charges he is asking.
Regards
Dr Ankit Jain
Arham Dental Care, Delhi