Pain of wisdom teeth

I am getting the last wisdom teeth and its paining...wanted to consult what would be best for me to do..whether to keep it or get it extracted... as i have read online like if its paining then its better to have it extracted as it weakens the other teeth as well... Also...is it fine to have pain killer to reduce the pain generated by wisdom teeth?

Doctor Answers (8) on Pain of wisdom teeth

Wisdom teeth extraction is best handled by an oral surgeon, whereas It's preservation is best handled by a periodontist. Please consult your dentist for the appropriate referral. Routinely you will be prescribed analgesics (pain killers) and antibiotics if you have an abscess, better known as a pericoronal abscess.
In case of wisdom teeth number one problem is lack of proper space for the accommodation of wisdom teeth if there is less space present in the jaw compared to the with of your wisdom teeth then there has to be some problem number 2 problem is angle and orientation of your wisdom teeth which can only be checked after the xrays if you have proper space and correct orientation of wisdom teeth then no need of extraction in this case my suggestion is keep the teeth Its natural body part no need to remove unnecessarily But if its removal out weight the difficulty of undergoing surgery and post surgical complications then go for removal of wisdom teeth
Dr. Sanjay Muhury Kolkata | Prosthodontist
better visit dentist n get an xray.. will decide after that.. no need t worry,, pain wil be subsided,,,
Do get xray done and consult a dental surgeon.
Please visit near by Dental Clinic at the earliest. Do not ignore it create further complications.
Hi..its better to get it removed. They often create problems now or later. Regards
Dr. Pranay Bangalore | Dentist
Hello Good evening as per your concern of wisdom tooth... 1. Get the position of the tooth assessed clinically as well as radiographically... Which would either be determined by an opg or an iopa X-ray. 2. Depending on the position it can be determined whether the tooth will be able to come out or its presence will cause an issue in future. 3.if in case it's a cause of concern then a better wiser decision would be get it extracted. Take care...
Hello. . This is a very common problem faced by a lot of people. As the wisdom teeth are the last teeth to erupt, there is not sufficient space in the jaws to accommodate them. In such cases and also when they start causing pain, it is better to get them extracted. I would advise you to consult an oral and maxillofacial surgeon. An x ray would be required to see the exact position of the tooth and the extraction can be planned accordingly. Take care