Toothache due to cavity.
Hello doc. I have a bad toothache since yesterday due to cavity. Now my gums are all swollen on that side due to pus or whatever u call in ur medical terms. Though I have to get the tooth extracted, please confirm if it can b done in this condition or swelling should subside first. Are there any antibiotics that need to be taken? Also is tooth extraction a painful process? Coz I m very scared of going to a dentist.

Hello, dont worry, before taking any medications it is better to visit a dentist and get it checked.get an X-ray done. if there is an infection get it treated, if the tooth cannot be saved you can get it removed.

Talk to experienced dentist online and get your health questions answered in just 5 minutes.

+180
Chat with a dentist
If the tooth is having sufficient structure then your tooth can be saved by doing RCT, but if the tooth is a 3rd molar then it's better to get it extracted. But a proper advice can be given only by clinically showing yourself.
Hi, You've severe infection in your tooth and hence, the swelling and pus. If the tooth is restorable, then I would advice you to get root canal done instead of extraction. And yes your treatment would be done under antibiotic coverage. Tooth extraction is not the happiest procedure that dentists do. Having said that, it is done under anesthesia and hence, you will not experience pain during the procedure. Don't be scared of visiting a dentist. Please get a consultation done. I am sure your dentist will proceed only when you're comfortable. Good Luck!
Visit Dentist and x-ray
Hey infected tooth can be saved by RCT if sufficient tooth structure is remaining. Consult sn endodontist.
Hello, Mam,you need to consult an Endodontist as all infected teeth need not be removed.A Root canal treatment may save your tooth.Removal is the last option. Yes you need to take Antibiotics and pain killers,but you need to see a dentist ASAP.Dont panic. Regards Dr Sumanmakam
Hi ma'am. Although it's recommended that you take broad coverage antibiotics prior to extraction of such an infected tooth. But it needs to be checked first if the tooth really needs to be extracted at all. Maybe it can be saved. You can visit my clinic in sector 40 in evening if u want
Visit a dentist
Do not delay
You have been avoiding your by dental visit for a long time which has caused your infection in your tooth to exacerbate Get an X-ray done which will make it clear whether you need to get the tooth removed or it can be saved
Visit a dentist and get the pus drained out
Do not apply any ointment You can use a mouthwash to rinse