Tooth Infected
I had RCT in 2013 for my lower left side tooth, it is just beside the wisdom tooth. In mid 2015 year I got the pain for the same tooth which had RCT. I was suggested to remove that tooth because it was infected again. Is there a way to re-rootcanal that tooth which had RCT earlier, if so please advise. My contact no: (nine-four-nine-one-eight-six-nine-zero-three-zero). But for temporary relief I am using sensodyne repair and project toothpaste, it helps me a lot everyday, but I cant follow this for a long time. Hope any specialist may solve my problem. Thanks!

Dr. N Srinivas
Dentist 16 yrs exp Hyderabad

Hello..removal of wisdom tooth and depending on xray ,if root canal treated tooth has good prognosis ReRCT can be done.
Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla
Oral Pathologist 11 yrs exp Faridabad

Re-RCT is definitely possible.... an x ray will be required to evaluate the case and decide the future treatment plan..... please do not rely on self medications and home therapy for a long time..... consult a dentist as soon as possible for appropriate treatment and permanent relief from your problem..... if sensodyne is providing you relief, it is unlikely that the pain is originating in the root canal treated tooth or the root canal treatment was not done completely in the first place..... nonetheless the final opinion can only be given after a proper clinical examination and after viewing the X-ray.... Regards....
Dr. M. R. Pujari
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi.. visit your nearest dentist and ask whether re-rct is possible based on x ray. If x ray gives positive result then you can save it. Regards
Dr. Ketan Garg
Oral And MaxilloFacial Surgeon 12 yrs exp Nagpur

Re root canal is required when there develops some leakage around the older filling. As you have  mentioned that there is a wisdom tooth just besides this teeth, chances are high that this tooth will prevent proper seal of root canal treated tooth. So if your X-ray suggest that wisdom tooth has been preventing this seal, it will make sense to remove this wisdom tooth, get the re rct done with proper seal.
Dr. Akanksha S.D
Oral Medicine and Radiology 8 yrs exp Bangalore

Yes Re-RCT can be done for a RC treated tooth but treatment planning should be done by proper examination & condition of the tooth ,Prognosis or the outcome should be considered before starting the treatment. You should visit a specialist as soon as possible without delay...
Dr. Kamini Singh
Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist 3 yrs exp Noida

Yes Re-RCT is an option for sure. Without any further delay please visit your endodontist asap.
Dr. Shruti Agarwal
Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist 14 yrs exp Kolkata
Yes rerct are possible but only an xray examination can reveal its possibility
Dr. Sapna Sharma
Yes, re rct is definitely an option, but only after proper examination and determination of prognosis. If prognosis is poor, then it would be better to extract the tooth. It would be better if you consult to an endodontist. You can also post your x ray for better opinion from us.
Dr. Vinay Kumar Shetty
Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist 14 yrs exp Pune
Remove the wisdom teeth ..may get relief by the same too .if not later u can plan for re rc
Dr. Chirag K Nebhani
Dentist 9 yrs exp Ahmedabad
See if the condition of the tooth is favourable for re-treatment, it's definitely possible, you should consult your dentist and get your xray and evaluation done, he will guide the procedure and outcome of the re rct.
Dr. Arti Misra Sharma
Dentist 7 yrs exp Bangalore
Re Rct can be done. Buy I need ur x ray. If you are having for proper diagnosis
Dr. Sandhya Ramanujam
Dentist 23 yrs exp Bangalore
Yes it can be re treated but it will be better to extract the wisdom tooth as that is the cause of the re infection..hence the main root of the problem should first be addressed