Blisters after tooth extc

I have had a lower left wisdom tooth extraction 5 days back. However, the cheek muscles around the tooth extraction area or probably the gum itself is having few blisters/canker sours/whitish ulcers since the 3rd day and seriously impacting my food intakes and drinking. I am a smoker and have NOT been smoking since my tooth extraction. It seems the ulcers are more predominant where the anesthesia needle was inserted. Just to let you know, I don't seem to have any pain or complications with my socket. It seems to be filling up though I can see whitish and dull layer around the entire gum. I am done with my antibiotic course which consisted of moxclav 625 and metron forte post extraction. The extraction was probably a normal one as the surgeon took 5-6 mins to get the tooth extracted. Please advise.

Doctor Answers (2) on Blisters after tooth extc

Hi u need not to worry ..happpens sometimes when there is too much stress or traumatic or prolonged surgery...this wil go away..u can use local astringents for symptomatic relief...best of luck take care
Its a clear indication of post extraction apthous stomatitis a yellowish mild slough and difficulty in taking food .Its a phenomenon due 1]stress or fear psychosis 2] traumatic extraction,3] often in smokers due macrophage deposition at site of injection,4]if liver induction is low.U need to have a regular rinse of oral gargles, intake of Vitamin B n C and use a emollient like LEOXONAX else can use warm ghee of homemade at the site. immediate symptomatic relief will happen and the antibiotic u need to continues along with cessation of smoke for 2 weeks.