Sleeping paralysis

Hi. from few months earlier I am facing frequent sleeping paralysis.. It was very rare few months earlier like about once or twice in a month... but these days I am facing it a lot of times.. like in a day 5 to 6 times.. and it actually makes me very uncomfortable and lack of sound sleep. Please help me to reduce these

Doctor Answers (1) on Sleeping paralysis

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Sleep paralysis is a feeling of being conscious but unable to move. It occurs when a person passes between stages of wakefulness and sleep. During these transitions, you may be unable to move or speak for a few seconds up to a few minutes. Some people may also feel pressure or a sense of choking. Sleep paralysis may accompany other sleep disorders like narcolepsy...Most people need no treatment for sleep paralysis. Treating any underlying conditions such as narcolepsy may help if you are anxious or unable to sleep well...Using antidepressant medication if it is prescribed to help regulate sleep cycles..Consult nearest psychiatrist for further help they will do the needful.