Relationship and insomnia

I have recently divorced my husband of 7 years as i had an emotionally and physically abusive relationship with him. He made me fear men. But of late i happened to talk to this guy i like like but somehow not able to convince myself to even meet him. Also i hav insomnia and i get panicked too often. I need help.
views-icons 122 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Dr. Lakshmi T Rajan
Counselling Psychologist 14 yrs exp Chennai

Dear friend, Please get help from a psychotherapist at the earliest. Wishes.
Dr. Prabhakar Korada
Psychiatrist 22 yrs exp Hyderabad

Please consult a psychiatrist, nearest to you, in person. There are so many aspects that would have to be discussed. Personal interview alone will help you
Ms. Snigdha Mishra
Counselling Psychologist 9 yrs exp Mumbai

Abuse of any nature can leave trauma and have lasting effects on one's behavioural and emotional tendencies. What you are going through is completely understandable and normal. Give your self the benefit of doubt. Learn from the past and help yourself gauge the situation depending on what you want in a relationship or with this gentleman.. Having said this, reach out to a trained psychotherapist soon. Help yourself get help to learn coping skills and handling the past. A therapist can help you develop skills to deal with your issues more effectively. All the best!!! '
Ms. Hema Sampath
Clinical Psychologist 11 yrs exp Bangalore

I can understand  how terrible it would have been for you so that you are still not able to accept someone  who might like you for some reason. I would appreciate  you if you can take one more step to visit a Counsellor and talk about your problems and get a clarity about your future  life.

Hello... Your past experience have made deeper impression on you.. You have to come out of it.. It takes time.. Try to forget it.. Not everyone on earth will be of same kind.. You should completely open up yourself to someone who understands you better, that decreases your burden.. Counselling may help you, consult psychiatrist.
Dr. Sugandha Gupta
Psychiatrist 11 yrs exp Delhi
Hello, An abusive relationship can take a toll on your mental health. It is natural for you to be wary of entering a new relationship. However, things must be seen in right perspective and you need to move ahead in life. You need to sit down and evaluate the direction of your life and your readiness for a relationship. Please meet a good psychiatrist or a psychologist near you to assess and guide you further.. If you take the next step into the relationship being ready and prepared beforehand will help you in shaping the future events and relations better. Hope this helps you.. Best of luck and wishes for your future..