Protein consumption

How much grams of protein can a person consume in a day which is not fatal for one's health ??? Since I am a aspiring bodybuilder and workout with a lot of intensity I plan to eat approximately 150 grams of protein per day along all the necessary carbs, fats, minerals, vitamins, fiber and supplements. Is it OK for me to eat 150 grams per day if I workout a lot ??? My age is 22, male. Weight 67 kgs with height of 5'6".

Doctor Answers (2) on Protein consumption

Dr. Farheen Hyderabad | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hai, reccommended allowance for protein is 1.4 to 1.7grams per kg body weight for you as you workout. That means you should be taking not more than 93-95grams of proteins per day ( i am being towards lower side as per your age 1.4g per kg). Taking more of proteins will load your kidneys which is not at all good. There must be a better diet plan for you which gives you proper nutrients from the food you eat. Either fix an appointment with me or try to go to any dietitian nearby as at this age it is very important for you to follow a proper diet which I don't think you can do it by yourself.
Ms. Rashmi Sharma Faridabad | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Your intake is a quite high and it will damage your kidney . Its not mandatory to have extlremes of protein during wrk out . According to your height and weight your protein intake must be 80gms with 800 gms of carbs, 35gms of fat. Fruits should be twice in a day. Include coconut water, lemonade but avoid gatorade its having class 2 preservative i.e potassium bromide.