Pain and numbness 

After my wisdom teeth removal  I started having left sided tongue numbness and pain, now it's already more than a  month,  still it persists.  How long it takes to go away completely.  During the suture removal, dentist given an injection in the floor of the mouth.  Then only this problem started.

Dr. Bianca Nazareth Arya
Periodontist 12 yrs exp Nagpur

The nerve that supplies your tongue has been compromised. In most cases like yours, considering the degree of trauma you can expect a full recovery. However the time for this is unpredictable. At the very least it will be 6 to 8 weeks. Make sure to report this to your dentist and get a prescription from him to help the healing of the nerve.
Dr. Vinay Anvekar
Dentist 11 yrs exp Bangalore

Why inj for suture removal not understandable and if after that u experience then damage to the lingual nerve due to which it happening .depends on the extent of nerve damage if severe then can be permanent too.startwith methyl cobalamine tablets n hope for the best .another reason could be damage during tooth removal itself meaning damge to the inferior alveolar canal itself with nerve damage