Knee pain - weight loss
We are planning to buy a weight loss exercise machine for reducing the fat. Please help us to choose the right machine considering my mother (the knee pain patient). She is about 5ft height and 97kg weight.. My choice is electronic treadmill .. will it be a right choice? Please share your suggestions

Dr. Praveen Rustagi
Ayurveda 19 yrs exp Delhi

Treadmill is definitely not the right choice if your mother is having knee pain but you can consult Ayurvedic physician who also has diploma in diet and nutrition so that your mother can loose weight along with treatment for knee pain. Some ayurvedic medicines work  in both these conditions.
Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani
Dietitian/Nutritionist 10 yrs exp Pune

Your mother need more than 45 KGS wieght loss. What is her age. Any electronic device will create more problems as they create current which put more pressure and increase knee pain .knee pain is also due to heavy weight.I can help youwith 4-5 KGS weight loss in month through purely diet na d exercise. It should be in natural way to make it permanent.
Dr. Fatima Radhanpurwala
Dietitian/Nutritionist 8 yrs exp Navi Mumbai

Hello,  as your mother has knee pain it's not advisable to use any exercise machine which strain on knee.  So electronic treadmill won't be helpful for her.