Gum boil or pimple on gum

I had done my root canal before 1year and the same tooth got broken later before 2-3 months. Now i saw a boil on my gum just below the broken teeth. What step to be taken now? Surely I will visit doctor but I want to know details.
views-icons 92 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (4) on Gum boil or pimple on gum

Good Evening dear.Well according to your complain it seems ur RCT has been failed . A xray has to be taken to evaluate the path of infection.Consult ur dentist and get it evaluate whether it can be saved by Re-RCT and once infection subsides get the crown over it.
Dr. Pranay Bangalore | Dentist
Hello good Evening According to the complain given by you it shows that you have an infection in the teeth for which root canal treatment was done. So to get out of this situation root canal treatment has to be done again.. Followed by a crowm
Hi if rct had been done then its must have had a crown too... now its broken then needed to explore how much is left and wil it be saved by re treatment..the boil or pimple is definately cause of failure of the previous treatment ..visit ur dentist for best advice take care best of luck
Dr. (Major) Gaurav Aligarh | Dental Surgeon
Dear, as you mentioned that a boil is present in relation to tooth, that means most probably the RCT has been failed. Now, you may have to go for either reRCT or extraction of the tooth. Visit your dentist asap.