Swollen gums
When ever I eat red meat, It gets stuck inbetween my premolars and molars. How much ever I try to remove it through brushing, it doesnt happen. If i try to remove it with a tooth pick or leave it there, the next day morning I will have a swollen gum. Is it due to weak gums? Does it require immediate medical attention?

Dr. Syed Parveez Ali
Dentist 14 yrs exp Bangalore

Dear friend. Gum disease is more serious issue than dental caries. Regular tooth picking damages the integrity of gums destroying the underlying bone causing pocket formation with loss of gum attachment. this spots are easily susceptible for entrapment of food particles and growth of germs.
Dr. Hiren Patel
Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist 5 yrs exp Bangalore

swollen gums are due to food lodgement.. food Particles irritate gums so that it becomes inflamed and you will have swelling on gums.. you can use flossing or interdental brush to clean food particles between teeth. it will help..
Dr. Binu Mathews
Dentist 23 yrs exp Bangalore
The swollen gums are a sign of infection. Every time you use a tooth pick you inoculate the bacteria in to the gums. You need professional help and guidance in oral care. Take time to meet with a dentist
Dr. Chaitra V.
Dental Surgeon 9 yrs exp Bangalore
yes. the gums usually shrink r recede wen it is not healthy that is when u have constant food lodgement problem. a dental floss could help u. do not use toothpick