Diabetic & thyroid paient
My mother is diabetic and thyroid patient suffering from many years. I want to know that is basil seeds ( Sabza) is helpful to her..she should consume it or not & if yes than regular or alternatively. Please doctor help me very very thankful to be answered

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani
Dietitian/Nutritionist 10 yrs exp Pune

She can use it what is her height and weight.diabetes need discipline eating she should have proper dietary habits
Dr. Navya G
Hi there.. basil/ tulsi/ sabzaseeds have many health benefits and are frequently used in ayurveda and siddha medicines.. your mother can have it, once daily in the morning.. health benefits of basil seeds are have antioxidants, have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory property helpful in cold sorethroat, reduce appetite hence helpful in weight loss, Low in calories and free of cholesterol,.High levels of beta carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin, Vitamin A and VitaminK,.Contains good amounts of minerals like potassium, manganese, copper, calcium and vitamins C and folates, Excellent source of iron.. it even helps in digestion n relieves constipation.. hope this helped you..