Dental problem.

Hello i got my wisdom tooth extracted on 23rd january 2016. Its been almost a week now n i dont feel much pain or irritation. So can i start drinking and smoking now or should i wait for some more time.

Doctor Answers (4) on Dental problem.

No Dear, there is infection present in that area. don't worry come to my clinic.
For the first 48 hrs after tooth removal it is advised to avoid smoking and alcohol because it interfears with blood clotting and wound healing, after a week it is ok.but since u hv stopped better to continue in the interest of good health
Hi u shudnt smoke and drink ever, apart from this as a week is over wait for some more time to prevent any secondary infection cause alcohol and smoke both wil delay ur healing, best of luck take care
Smoking and alcohol can delay your healing process.. Healing below your gums can go on fr upto a month. So its advisable to wait fr some time to avoid further problems in your healing socket.