Bruxism problem.

I grind my teeth. I have pains in my jaws and wound in my cheeks due to this. Please provide a solution.

Doctor Answers (10) on Bruxism problem.

Dr. Ratnika Agarwal Pune | Dental Surgeon
Night gaurd would help you in this case.visit a dentist who will explain you the use effectively regards Dr Ratnika Agarwal
Hi For bruxism you can get a soft splint made. And try to get to the root cause of your grinding . Usually seen in people with very hectic work schedules or disturbed personal or professional life or any kind of mental tension. Regards
Dr. Puja Bansal Pune | Dentist
you should consult a dentist and ask for a night guard. also before sleeping, take warm bath, try to relax or do hot compresses near your ear. this will relax your muscles. if you are in stress then try to relax.
Purva Jingar Jaipur | Dentist
Hello You can visit an orthodontist for this and can consult about habit. Night guards will help you. Regards Dr. Purva BDS
Hello, You need to visit the dentist so that a detailed analysis of the amount of tooth wear/enamel loss is made and the treatment planned accordingly.If not attended you could end up with TMJ pain dysfunction syndrome.Regards,Dr Suman Makam,Dental Arts,Jayanagar,Bangalore
(1) visit a oral diagnostician (omr), he or she will see how much of your tooth has been ground.
(2) grinding of teeth has many factors, ranging from habitual to stress.
(3) night guards are usually provided in these cases.
(4) try to avoid grinding your teeth. Doing this reduces your height of the teeth. And your cheeks collapses between your teeth, which causes cheek bite.
Hi. .you can visit the dentist and ask for a nightguard which is an appliance to prevent bruxism or clenching or grinding. .rest after clinical examination and based on the severity of bruxism the treatment plan will follow. .hope this will help and guide..
Dr. Mithun Jith Puducherry | General Physician
Hi, good to c a patient aware of his grinding problems. U should understand that there are several reasons for this grind to happen and one of the most common one is stress ( which can be occupational, family etc). You should be knowing better about it. As a patient what u need to understand is, u r destructing your own beautiful teeth by yourselve. Do not wait for an occasion. Please visit a dentist at the earliest and find out the reason for your grinding and take treatment accordingly. This is a on going process and u need to stop the grind by treatment. Take care
First and foremost is to get relieved of your stress. Do some things to get relieved of your stress like yoga, Meditation. If needed you might visit a Psychiartrist and get a opinion to get relieved of your stress. Then do visit a dentist and get an appliance done which will help prevent loss of your teeth structure due to grinding. Also it will help to relieve your jaw pain.
Excessive grinding happens due to stress in general at your age. I recommend you to visit your dentist so that he will provide you with appliances which will prevent grinding n protect your enamel. But the source is the stress so please do some stress busters like walking, gym, yoga etc so as to control it.