Bruxism problem.
I grind my teeth. I have pains in my jaws and wound in my cheeks due to this. Please provide a solution.

Dr. Ratnika Agarwal
Dental Surgeon 5 yrs exp Pune

Night gaurd would help you in this case.visit a dentist who will explain you the use effectively regards Dr Ratnika Agarwal
Dr. Puja Bansal
Dentist 18 yrs exp Pune

you should consult a dentist and ask for a night guard. also before sleeping, take warm bath, try to relax or do hot compresses near your ear. this will relax your muscles. if you are in stress then try to relax.
Dr. Purva Jingar
Dentist Jaipur

Hello You can visit an orthodontist for this and can consult about habit. Night guards will help you. Regards Dr. Purva BDS
Dr. Suman Makam
Dentist 22 yrs exp Davanagere

Hello, You need to visit the dentist so that a detailed analysis of the amount of tooth wear/enamel loss is made and the treatment planned accordingly.If not attended you could end up with TMJ pain dysfunction syndrome.Regards,Dr Suman Makam,Dental Arts,Jayanagar,Bangalore
Dr. Jagadish CD
Oral Medicine and Radiology 7 yrs exp Mysore

(1) visit a oral diagnostician (omr), he or she will see how much of your tooth has been ground. (2) grinding of teeth has many factors, ranging from habitual to stress. (3) night guards are usually provided in these cases. (4) try to avoid grinding your teeth. Doing this reduces your height of the teeth. And your cheeks collapses between your teeth, which causes cheek bite.
Dr. Babita Sangwan
Dental Surgeon 13 yrs exp Gurgaon

Hi. .you can visit the dentist and ask for a nightguard which is an appliance to prevent bruxism or clenching or grinding. .rest after clinical examination and based on the severity of bruxism the treatment plan will follow. .hope this will help and guide..
Dr. J Daniel Raj
Dentist 6 yrs exp Chennai

First and foremost is to get relieved of your stress. Do some things to get relieved of your stress like yoga, Meditation. If needed you might visit a Psychiartrist and get a opinion to get relieved of your stress. Then do visit a dentist and get an appliance done which will help prevent loss of your teeth structure due to grinding. Also it will help to relieve your jaw pain.
Dr. Yatharth Bhatia
Dentist 13 yrs exp Gurgaon
Hi For bruxism you can get a soft splint made. And try to get to the root cause of your grinding . Usually seen in people with very hectic work schedules or disturbed personal or professional life or any kind of mental tension. Regards
Dr. Mithun Jith
General Physician 9 yrs exp Puducherry
Hi, good to c a patient aware of his grinding problems. U should understand that there are several reasons for this grind to happen and one of the most common one is stress ( which can be occupational, family etc). You should be knowing better about it. As a patient what u need to understand is, u r destructing your own beautiful teeth by yourselve. Do not wait for an occasion. Please visit a dentist at the earliest and find out the reason for your grinding and take treatment accordingly. This is a on going process and u need to stop the grind by treatment. Take care
Excessive grinding happens due to stress in general at your age. I recommend you to visit your dentist so that he will provide you with appliances which will prevent grinding n protect your enamel. But the source is the stress so please do some stress busters like walking, gym, yoga etc so as to control it.