Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime

Dr. Nilesh Rangnekar

Dr. Nilesh Rangnekar

Dr. Nilesh Rangnekar

Claim this profile

MBBS, MS - General Surgery, MCh - Urology, DNB - Urology/Genito - Urinary Surgery



26 Years Experience Overall  (24 years as specialist)

Medical Registration Verified

Dr. Nilesh Rangnekar has a stellar academic record having a university rank for his M.S and his M.Ch. (Urology).He has worked as Assistant Professor in Department of Urology at KEM for 3 years. His areas of special interest are Endo urological procedures and renal transplant surgery.He performs all Minimal Access Surgery in Urology such as PCNL, URS, TUR-P, TUR-BT, RIRS and HOLEP. Dr Rangnekar also performs laparoscopic urological procedures such as Lap Ureterolithotomy and Lap Nephrectomy.He has performed more than 100 renal transplant surgeries as part of the team."

3 clinics for General Consultation

General Consultation
Prostate Cancer Treatment
Search procedure

Mahim, Mumbai

S L Raheja Fortis Hospital


Raheja Rugnalaya Marg., Landmark: Opposite St. Xaviers College, Mumbai

Get Directions

+ 12

Mon, Thu

12:00 - 02:00

Max. 60 mins wait + Verified details
Looking to consult for surgery?
Get Expert help for all your hospital needs

Common questions & answers

Q: Who is a urologist?

A: A urologist is a doctor specially trained in and who treats diseases of the urinary tract in both males and females. Urologists may also treat diseases of the male reproductive system.

Q: What diseases can urologists treat?

A: Urologists commonly treat diseases such as urinary tract infections (UTI), cystistis, urinary incontinence, bladder stones, kidney stones,cancers, prostate enlargements, scrotal diseases. etc.

Q: What is the difference between an urologist and a nephrologist?

A: A nephrologist is a medical physician who specially treats complex diseases that affect the kidneys such as nephritis, kidney stones, polycystic kidney disease, and acute and chronic kidney failure. An urologist treats the urinary tract system in both men and women.

Q: When should I visit a urologist?

A: One should visit a urologist if there are symptoms such as burning and pain during urination, presence of blood in urine, pain in abdomen, incontinence or repeated urinary tract infections (UTIs).

Q: Can a urologist treat diseases of the female reproductive system?

A: Urologists can treat common illnesses in females such as urinary tract infections, bladder inflammations, prolapse and cancers. For conditions related to uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, they are referred to a gynecologist.



View all (4)
MBBS - King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College, 1992
MS - General Surgery - King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College, 1996
MCh - Urology - DY Patil University, 1999


Mumbai Urological Society
Urological Society of India (USI)
National Academy O Medical Sciences(India)
Medical Council of India (MCI)


Consultant Urologist at Seth G.D Medical College And K.E.M. Hospital
Consultant Urologist at Jaslok Hospital
Consultant Urologist at B.Y.L. Nair Hospital
Consultant Urologist at Tata Cancer Hospital


72218 Maharashtra Medical Council, 1993
Report an Error