Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime

Dr. B. V. Ramesh Reddy

Dr. B. V. Ramesh Reddy

Dr. B. V. Ramesh Reddy

Claim this profile

Diploma in Orthopaedics, MBBS


33 Years Experience Overall  (30 years as specialist)

Medical Registration Verified

98% (120 votes)

Dr. Ramesh Reddy is Orthopedic Surgeon with specialization in joint replacement and sports medicine. He has experience of over 30 years in treating patients with joint pains, fracture treatment, bone dislocation, casting, knees/neck/lower back pain treatments, etc. He completed MBBS from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad in 1979 and PG Diploma in Orthopaedics from Mangalore University in 1990.

Kondapur, Hyderabad

Ambicare Clinics


4th and 5th Floor, Harihara Arcade, Gachibowli Miyapur Road, White Fields, Landmark: Opposite Botanical Garden and Beside SBI, Hyderabad

Get Directions

+ 2

Common questions & answers

Q: Who is an Orthopaedist?

A: An orthopaedist is a medical doctor who specializes in diagnosis and treatment of disorders related to the skeletal system. An orthopaedic doctor attends to any disorder or condition or injury pertaining to the bones, muscles, joints, and ligaments associated with the skeletal system. These medical professionals treat conditions like arthritis, back pain, sports injuries, and leg and foot pain

Q: What is the difference between an Orthopaedist and an Orthopaedic surgeon?

A: Orthopaedists are sometimes mistakenly referred to as orthopaedic surgeons. An orthopaedist deals with conditions related to the musculoskeletal system. He provides pre-surgical consultation and post-surgical follow up. An orthopaedic surgeon provides same care as orthopaedist, but performs surgery as well. He performs surgery to cure back pain, ruptured discs, bone tumours, carpal tunnel, arthritis and other injuries.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat foot and ankle related problems?

A: Yes, an orthopaedist deals with musculoskeletal problems within the body. Problems related to foot and ankle fall under this category. Common foot problems like bunions, ankle sprains, arthritis, and sports injury are treated by an orthopaedist. Diagnosis of foot and ankle related problems are done through imaging tests. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the problem.

Q: Does one need a doctor referral to see an Orthopaedist?

A: One can consult an orthopaedist by booking an appointment. Consultation with the orthopaedist is conducted in his/her clinic or at a healthcare centre. In some cases, patients go to a general physician for any condition or disorder related to the musculoskeletal system. Once preliminary investigation is done, the general physician may refer the patient to an orthopaedist for further examination.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat sport injuries?

A: Sport injuries are mostly related to the musculoskeletal system. Injuries like ligament tear, sprains, fractures, muscle pull, or bruises are commonly encountered in sports. An orthopaedist is the right medical doctor to consult for sport injuries. After physical examination, the orthopaedist may ask for imaging tests for confirming the extent of damage and then treat accordingly.


Awards and Recognitions

No Award - 2016


Diploma in Orthopaedics - Mangalore University, Karnataka, India, 1990
MBBS - Osmania University, 1979


2015 - 2017 Consultant Orthopaedics at Ambicare Clinics


HMC8699 Andhra Pradesh Medical Council, 1980
Report an Error
Contact Clinic to book appointment
Ambicare Clinics
Due to lockdown you can call the clinic to check for doctor availability and appointment booking.
Instantly consult other orthopedist online
Dr. B. V. Ramesh Reddy is currently not consulting online with Practo