Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime

Dr. H. Vinay Kumar

Dr. H. Vinay Kumar

Dr. H. Vinay Kumar

Claim this profile

MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics


8 Years Experience Overall  (3 years as specialist)

Medical Registration Verified

Dr. H. Vinay Kumar is a Orthopedist in Ecil, Hyderabad and has an experience of 8 years in this field. Dr. H. Vinay Kumar practices at Srikara Hospital in Ecil, Hyderabad. He completed MBBS from Rajiv Gandhi University, Mangalore in 2010 and MS - Orthopaedics from Utkal University, Orissa, India in 2017. He is a member of Medical Council of India (MCI). Some of the services provided by the doctor are: Foot Injury Treatment,Lower Extremity Wound Care,Ankle-Brachial Index,Diabetic Foot Check-Up and Neuropathy Assessment etc.

1 clinic for General Consultation

General Consultation
Joint Replacement
Search procedure

Ecil, Hyderabad

Srikara Hospital

1-7-100, Ecil Cross Road, Kamala Nagar, Landmark: Ecil Cross Road, Hyderabad

Get Directions

+ 1

Mon - Sat

10:00 - 04:00


Common questions & answers

Q: Who is an Orthopaedist?

A: An orthopaedist is a medical doctor who specializes in diagnosis and treatment of disorders related to the skeletal system. An orthopaedic doctor attends to any disorder or condition or injury pertaining to the bones, muscles, joints, and ligaments associated with the skeletal system. These medical professionals treat conditions like arthritis, back pain, sports injuries, and leg and foot pain

Q: What is the difference between an Orthopaedist and an Orthopaedic surgeon?

A: Orthopaedists are sometimes mistakenly referred to as orthopaedic surgeons. An orthopaedist deals with conditions related to the musculoskeletal system. He provides pre-surgical consultation and post-surgical follow up. An orthopaedic surgeon provides same care as orthopaedist, but performs surgery as well. He performs surgery to cure back pain, ruptured discs, bone tumours, carpal tunnel, arthritis and other injuries.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat foot and ankle related problems?

A: Yes, an orthopaedist deals with musculoskeletal problems within the body. Problems related to foot and ankle fall under this category. Common foot problems like bunions, ankle sprains, arthritis, and sports injury are treated by an orthopaedist. Diagnosis of foot and ankle related problems are done through imaging tests. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the problem.

Q: Does one need a doctor referral to see an Orthopaedist?

A: One can consult an orthopaedist by booking an appointment. Consultation with the orthopaedist is conducted in his/her clinic or at a healthcare centre. In some cases, patients go to a general physician for any condition or disorder related to the musculoskeletal system. Once preliminary investigation is done, the general physician may refer the patient to an orthopaedist for further examination.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat sport injuries?

A: Sport injuries are mostly related to the musculoskeletal system. Injuries like ligament tear, sprains, fractures, muscle pull, or bruises are commonly encountered in sports. An orthopaedist is the right medical doctor to consult for sport injuries. After physical examination, the orthopaedist may ask for imaging tests for confirming the extent of damage and then treat accordingly.



MBBS - Rajiv Gandhi University, Mangalore, 2010
MS - Orthopaedics - Utkal University, Orissa, India, 2017


Medical Council of India (MCI)


05506 Telangana State Medical Council, 2018
Report an Error
Contact Clinic to book appointment
Srikara Hospital
Due to lockdown you can call the clinic to check for doctor availability and appointment booking.
Instantly consult other orthopedist online
Dr. H. Vinay Kumar is currently not consulting online with Practo