On the occasion of World Milk Day, Let's Discuss Milk!
Rich source of Calcium, Vitamin D, Phosphorous and a balance of other nutrients.
- Milk provides a unique balance of nutrients
- Calcium contributes to muscle and bone health
- Milk drinkers tend to be thinner
- Milk builds strong bones.
Nutritional info: Toned milk/cow milk per 1 serving of 250 ml
- Calories: 150 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 11 gms
- Protein: 8 gms
- Calcium: 300 mg
Recommended daily intake:
- 750 ml low-fat milk or milk products made out of it for adults.
- Divide it into 2-3 servings of 250 ml each
How to have it?
1. Start and end your day with a glass of milk
250 gm of Milk will serve you 8 gms of protein, which is perfect to start the day. Make a milkshake or add it to your Cereal. Milk being a rich source of Tryptophan will help you sleep better.
Drink milk as an afternoon or morning snack: It will fill you up perfectly and you can concentrate on work better.
2. Before a party: Drink Low-Fat milk before a party, It will help you eat less of Junk as you won't be ravingly hungry when you see food and it will decrease your attack time, making you eat smartly.
3. Drink milk as a dessert, ditch Ice cream and candy:
Best bet is to drink a cup of chocolate or any naturally flavoured milkshake for dessert instead of Ice-cream or candy. It is nutritious and low on calories comparatively. We can make it better by cutting down additional sugar as it is naturally sweet.
4. Post workout snack:
Skimmed Milk is a perfect post-workout snack. Protein will help recover muscle while Calcium will help strengthen your bone.