Our physical health and well-being have a huge impact on how our mind and body functions and helps to achieve our goals. Even though ensuring that our body is getting adequately nourished might have taken a backseat due to the pandemic, it shouldn’t dampen our spirit to stay fit & healthy.
Eating good nutritious food without starving ourselves is the best way to support our body during these times. Hence, here are 6 reasons why it is NOW the right time to consult a nutritionist!
1. Your health must be your ‘top priority’
While it might seem more convenient to procrastinate eating healthy to a later date and set aside your nutritional concerns, it is never too late to start afresh in order to move ahead on the path to a healthier lifestyle.
2. Even though you’re physically active, your diet matters!
With the sudden influx of time at our hands now due to our new quarantine lives, it’s too easy to get lost in everything that’s going around. But by taking one step at a time and being a little proactive one can achieve their health goals. Did you know that your diet has a greater impact on your weight loss or health targets than regular exercise? Yes, your diet accounts for 70% of your progress.
3. It helps to utilize your time to rekindle your inner chef :)
Eating healthy on a busy schedule can be a little overwhelming but now is the right time to start making small changes towards improving your faulty diet habits since we are spending most of our time at home. After all, cooking a healthy & delicious meal at home all by yourself is worth giving a shot, isn’t it? It also brings you the joy of eating nutritious food & who doesn’t like feeling pumped up after a healthy meal?
4. Reduced temptations make it easier for you to follow a diet
Since we are all stuck at home, the temptation of eating out has lessened, which only makes the process easier due to a lack of distractions. It’s much more fun to experiment with new foods & recipes in order to add variety in your diet and reap all the benefits of our food.
5. You’re able to keep track of what, when & how much to eat!
Let’s not forget the fact that a lot of us have been stuck to our phones and laptops all day long and binge-watching our favorite shows, which is often accompanied by snacks that are not so great for our overall health. Following a well-balanced diet or seeking professional help with regards to your diet will help you understand what, when & how much you should be eating on a daily basis.
6. You eventually lower your risk of getting severely sick :(
Healthy eating provides you with essential nutrients for your body’s vital functions and helps minimize your risk of developing a serious medical condition. Thus, it would not be right to stick to eating healthy only during the quarantine as taking care of our health is a lifelong commitment that we all must make to ourselves.
Lastly, having spoken about the importance of physical health in detail, we cannot ignore the impact of mental health on our overall well-being. Emotions can be intensified when we don’t feel too good and indulging in a good self-care routine or expressing our feelings to our loved ones helps to calm down stress and anxiety. After all, a healthy mind is just as important as a healthy body, isn’t it?
- It is never too late to start a healthier lifestyle & take care of your health. Eating healthy & staying fit also helps to ward off any serious medical conditions.
- Since we are all stuck at home, the process of eating healthy becomes simpler due to a lack of temptations.
- Spending some time in your kitchen will help you experiment with new food & recipes and get the most benefits out of your food.
- One must not forget the importance of mental well-being along with physical health for overall good health. Practicing a daily self-care routine will help calm down our emotions when we’re not feeling too good.