Regular Brushing removes only 40 % ofPlaque. Remaining 60 % can be removed only by regular dental flossing.

Sometimes using a dental floss in difficult to reach areas of the mouth like Molar teethis very tough, Those cases they can use special gadgets like Water flossers,which are very effective in cleaning interdental areas of the mouth.

Water flossers are also very effective in cleaning around the Dental Implants, Braces , Crowns and bridges.

What Is a Water Flosser?

A water flosser, sometimes called a water pick, is an oral irrigator. That means it’s a cleaning device that shoots a thin stream of water, and when aimed between your teeth or at the gumline it can remove food particles and plaque on or between your teeth. The most popular version is made by Waterpik.

A water flosser needs to be plugged into an outlet and requires a reservoir of water. That means it’s not portable like floss, but it is gentle and easy to use.

Should you Try It?

It depends. If your regular brushing and flossing routine is working just fine for you, you probably don’t need a water flosser.

As a dentist, I can tell you that regular old dental floss works like a charm when used daily. In fact, standard floss is considered the most effective tool for cleaning between teeth.  

So don’t use a water flosser as a substitute for regular brushing and flossing. You still need to use regular floss every day. If you get a water flosser, use it as a supplement to your traditional routine or to reach difficult-to-clean places.