WHAT IS BINGE EATING DISORDER?
It is a common eating disorder in which you consume large quantity or portion of food. Every second person overeats on an occasion but for some the excessive overeating becomes regular which in turn leads to binge eating disorder. It typically begins in late adolescence or early adulthood or even after a major diet. Binge eating is basically a viscous cycle in which you eat more then feel guilty and to cope up from that guilt you again eat.
SYMPTOMS OF BINGE EATING DISORDER:
- Eating large amount of food with no planned meal time.
- Eating when you are not hungry.
- Eating very fast or gulping food rapidly.
- When you are depressed you eat more.
- Frequently dieting without weight loss.
- Hiding food to eat later on alone.
- Relieving stress by eating.
EFFECT OF BINGE EATING DISORDER:
- Leads to variety of physical, emotional, social problems.
- Leads to overweight
- Leads to stress, insomnia
HOW TO STOP BINGE EATING DISORDER:
- Avoid inclination towards junk food, deserts and unhealthy snack.
- Eat when you are hungry. Try to listen to your body. Sometimes you are not hungry you are thirsty or you are bored.
- Eat regularly in regular interval of time so that you don't eat more at one time.
- Keep yourself busy as when you feel bored you tend to eat.
- Engage yourself in any kind of physical activity like in any kind of sport, gym, yoga, dance, etc.
- Manage stress as when you are stressed you choose food as an option to get relief from it. Try choosing some other option like meditation or engaging yourself in an kind of physical activity to get relief from stress.
- Aim for 8 hours of sleep everyday as when you don't sleep properly you feel restless and irritated in the next morning. Proper sleep will keep your mind calm.