Depression is something which we have been listening about more often than we did before. Depression is a condition which leads to despondency and severe dejection making one vulnerable to suicides and self harming habits . Also now a days owing to our busy lifestyle we hardly have the time to look at ourselves and somehow work pressure,peer pressure,financial issues and household tiffs lead to a demon entering into our lives....and that demon is none other than depression.Depression starts to creep in your life gradually and later becomes a sad reality.
However before this demon starts destroying your life it is very essential to realize the fact that you are slipping into depression.
Here are few signs of depression which you need to look for whether its you or a closed one who you feel might be depressed.
- You have been experiencing a sudden change in your body weight which means you have been losing weight very frequently or gaining humongous weight in a very short duration.
- Forgetfulness has become a part of your daily routine.You are unable to remember normal things and ultimately land up forgetting important work and ideas.
- There is persistent body pain and the only alternative you see is to pop pain killers.The pain refuses to subside and you do not understand what to do.
- You have stopped taking care of yourself and wish to do nothing to improve your health and condition.
- Mood swings have taken a toll on your daily life and you feel irritated,sad or cranky most of the times but still let it go without understanding that it is a clear sign of depression.
- Off late you have immersed yourself into alcohol and have resorted to heavy drinking to get rid of all the pain and suffering.
- The internet has become your best friend and you are continuously on the phone or laptop trying to find a solution to your problems.
- Whether it is Facebook,Twitter or Instagram all you do is to post sad ,unhappy and heartbroken updates.
- Making decisions has becoming increasing difficult for you and you have started relying on others to make decisions related to your life.
- You have started suffering from insomnia and even after lots of efforts are unable to sleep which makes you feel tired on a daily basis.
- You have been experiencing recurring thoughts of suicide and death.
So if you have been suffering from depression then don't shy away from asking for help be it from a close friend or a loved one.Seek help from an expert and relieve yourself of depression.