No single oil is suitable for cooking. Every oil has a different amount of calorie and nutrition content. It is advised to rotate your oil in every 2 or 2.5 months so that you get nutrition from every oil.
Here are some oils which are well known to you :
- OLIVE OIL: Extra virgin olive oil is one of the healthiest oil and is suitable for cooking in oven and frying and can be used as salad dressing. It helps in maintaining healthy cholesterol levels.
- CANOLA OIL: Canola oil provides mono-unsaturated fatty acids. It has high amount of omega-3 fatty acids because of its light flavor and high smoke point. It is one of the most adaptable cooking oil. It can be used for cooking, dressing, grilling, sauteing, etc.
- VEGETABLE OIL: Vegetable oil are fully loaded with trans fats which can raise the risk of cardio vascular disease It has very high level of omega-6 fatty acids. Our body needs omega-3 and omega-6 in 1:1. People with high consumption of vegetable oil and their products are at risk for vitamin-E deficiency and other deficiencies.
- COCONUT OIL: It is edible oil extracted from kernel of coconut. Because of it's high saturated fat content it is slow to oxidize. It helps in prevention of heart disease and high blood pressure, boost immune system, prevent osteoporosis, helps in weight loss. It also helps in balancing hormones naturally.
- RICE BRAN OIL: It is extracted from hard outer brown layer of rice. It lower down the cholesterol levels, boosts immune system, aids in weight loss, relives menopausal symptoms. It has high smoke point which is used in high temperature cooking methods like stir frying, deep frying,etc.
- FLAX SEED OIL: It is yellowish oil obtained from dried, ripened seed of flax plant. It has high fiber content and rich in potassium and omega-3 fatty acid. It reduces the risk of heart related problems, play a role in burning body's fat, promote healthy skin, etc.
- SOY OIL: It is a vegetable oil extracted from seeds of soybean. It is one of the most widely consumed cooking oils. It is low in saturated fats. It is rich in vitamin-K which helps in strengthening of bones It inhibits cholesterol absorption. It also helps in reduction of triglycerides level in body.
- GROUND NUT OIL: It is also known as peanut oil which is derived from peanuts. It helps to prevent cancer, boost immune system, protect against symptoms of ageing such as wrinkles But excess intake of this oil may lead to weight gain.