Abortion is the expulsion of products of conception either fully or partially. The causes of abortion vary from hormonal disturbances any trauma or injury, a severe shock, infectious and foetal abnormalities. It is a nature's way of rejecting a malformed baby.
Other reasons can be:
- TORCH infections.
- Uterine weakness or displacement.
- Cervical canal weakness.
SYMPTOMS you might be experiencing an abortion:
- Bleeding from vagina either profuse or in spots.
- Pain is usually dull type of pain in abdomen and back
DO'S & DONT'S:
- If you have a bad obstretic history like repeated abortions, malformed foetuses, consult a gynaecologist as soon as pregnancy is suspected.
- Do not over strain, carry weights, or do labourous jobs during pregnancy.
- Take plenty of rest but do take some light exercise. Exercises should be done only under medical guidance or expert opinion.
- Take doctor's advice on diet and medicate.
- Do not self medicate.
- Regular follow ups with doctor is must.