PRP is Platelet-Rich Plasma which is a concentrate of protein derived from the whole blood through the process of Centrifugation. PRP has the ability to enhance the healing process with the added advantage of the greater concentration of growth factors due to the biological properties than whole blood.
PRP stimulates the growth of new cells. Use of PRP in individuals eliminates all the risk of allergic reactions as it is generated from the patient’s body itself. The treatment modality offered by PRP is unlimited.
Some of the uses are mentioned below:
1. Cosmetic Surgery
- Skin rejuvenation
2. Periodontal Surgery
- Dental implants
- Guided bone regeneration
3. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Mandibular reconstruction
- Alveolar cleft repair
Do you want to look younger?
PRP is currently, widely used to correct wrinkles, dark circles, scars and tone and sun damage all because of the gaining concern about aesthetics.
PRP can be done using Mesotherapytechnique in order to enhance the skin texture, glow and skin hydration. PRPwhen injected into deep dermis or sub-dermal tissues reshapes skin andincreases the lost volume of skin.
- First of all, peripheral blood iscollected into citrate containing tube.
- Then it is fractionated using centrifugation.
- Several automatic systems are available for preparing PRP for office use by dental practitioners.
- These current systems requirevery less blood volume and short preparation time.
Clinically, PRP is routinely mixed with bone substitutes like BioOss, AlloGro and 45S5 BioGlass during Oral and Maxillofacial procedures.
- There are no allergic reactions related to PRP as it is based on the principle of using patient’s own blood.
- Gentle swelling, redness would be evident for4-7 days which could heal upon the application of cold packs.
Proper diagnosis is necessary before getting PRP procedure done. Complete screening for any bleeding disorder or any medications which could affect the platelet function must be investigated and taken care. Patients with anaemia and thrombocytopenia are considered unsuitable for PRP. PRP skin rejuvenation therapy is a safe procedure which gives immediate enhanced treatment results with high-level patient satisfaction. PRP therapy has shown effective role in the stimulation and acceleration of soft tissue and bone healing. Achieve younger looking skin instantly and feel the difference.