Weight loss is a skill which requires higher level of motivation. As its rightly quoted, "Where there is a will, there is a way". With these inspirational tips to help you succeed, you’ll quickly climb back up the weight loss motivation ladder and feel refreshed and raring to continue with weight loss and see a new you.
Remind yourself of your origin of Weight Loss Motivation: Start by reminding yourself what set you off on the road to wanting to lose weight in the first place, was it:
1) Seeing a ‘fat’ photo of you?
2) The bathroom scales reaching a certain point?
3) Not being able to find any clothes to fit you?
4) Realizing that even the smallest tasks were making you feel out of breath?
Close your eyes and go back to the moment when you decided once and for all to lose weight. If you still have that photo, take another look and remind yourself what you didn't like about it. Dig out some clothes that are still way too tight and try them on. Transporting yourself back to your ‘turning point’ should relight your motivation to lose weight.
Write down all the benefits of losing weight.
Many people only see a slim body as the main benefit of weight loss, with the result that if they don’t quickly see an improvement they end up feeling dissatisfied. If you haven’t already done so, write a list of ALL the positives you’ll get from losing weight and reaching your goal. As well as looking amazing, the list could include things like:
1) Having more energy to play with your children
2) Lowering your blood pressure
3) Improving your fitness levels
4) Not getting out of breath after climbing a flight of stairs
5) Feeling comfortable in jeans
6) Increased performance at work
Most people who lose weight say they get far more out of life once they’re slim and as well as being healthier, they feel happier and have more confidence. People reported that they:
- Had more energy - Experienced a better mood - Had more confidence - Improved health - Benefited from better relationships and improved performance at work!
Visualize the new slim you
If things get tough, spend some time visualizing your new life as a slimmer, fitter and healthier you. It’s one of the best ways to increase Weight Loss Motivation
- How does it feel? - How much more confident are you? - How do you look? - What are you wearing? - How do you move? - How do you talk to other people? - How much more energetic do you feel? - What are you doing in your new life? - What ambitions do you have? - What changes have you made? - Hold onto this image of the new you and take time to revisit it whenever you feel like giving up.
Remember it’s all about you:
Remind yourself who you are losing weight for. The key to Weight Loss Motivation is the fact that “It’s for YOU”. If you’re trying to lose weight as a result of pressure from family, friends, you’ll constantly struggle! People who successfully lose weight – and keep it off – do it for themselves. So make sure you’re shifting those pounds for the only person that counts – and that’s you!