It is normal for all women to have some white discharge through vagina. it produced from cervix. it starts 1 to 2 years before puberty and ends at menopause.
- AMOUNT: it varies person to person . it depends on which day of menstrual cycle it is and on the hormones changes. it increases in women with pregnancy and on contracrptive pills.
- COLOUR: healthy discharge is white clear creamy or slight yellow in colour.
- SMELL:healthy discharge doesnot have an odour.
- and non smelly.
- WETNESS: little amount of wetness is normal
WHEN TO CONSULT A DOCTOR
- if amount or wetness increases .
- if change in colour to brown ,red, green or yellow.
- any kind of smell.
- itching inside or outside vagina.
- with pain abdomen .
- with bleeding.
- with blisters in local area.
- Keep the area clean and dry.
- use cotton panties.
- do not use vaginal washes or douches .
- avoiod too tight clothing whole day.
- clean the area after peeing from front to behind.
- practice safe sex using condoms.