Homoeopathy: A near complete system of medicine
Homoeopathy is not limited to certain diseases but is universally applicable to all kinds of diseases. It is time, when people must be made fully aware of the benefits and the scope of homoeopathy in various day-to-day diseases. Homoeopathy should be more and more made available to the benefit of ailing persons, as it can positively help 90% of the diseases we have today.
Some of the common comments made by the conventional doctors:
- Homoeopathy does not work: It is very easy for anyone to comment negatively about any science. However, it can be considered valid only if the opinion comes either from professional training or personal experience. Please ask your doctor, if the opinion is based on his or her personal training. Ask, if the doctor has evaluated clinical studies published in homeopathic medical world. It is helpful to find out if such an opinion is a arising out serious experience or wishful assumption.
- Homoeopathy is a placebo therapy: Well, please find our from your doctors if or not he is informed about a number of clinical trials and animal studies suggesting that homoeopathy is not a placebo therapy, but it has proven efficacy in controlled studies.
- Homoeopathy is slow acting: This opinion is partly correct. Homoeopathy is relatively slow as compared to antibiotics, painkillers, cortisone, bronchodilators, etc. However, in chronic cases, what we are looking at long-lasting recovery rather than just fast and short-term relief. In that context, slower pace of homoeopathy is not big limitation. In most cases, we (patients and doctors) are more interested in the treatment that is more deep acting and long lasting rather than just fast but short-acting, except in critical care.
- There is no research done in homoeopathy: It is true that relatively there is less research in homoeopathy, compared to the mainstream medicine. There is ongoing research in homoeopathy.
- Homoeopathy is a very old system of medicine and it is not relevant today: Well, those who make such a comment may be suggested to make some research into the history of medicine. Homoeopathy is amongst the newest of medical systems. It is 210 years old, introduced by a German scientist Dr Samuel Hahnemann (1755 to 1843), as compared to the conventional medicine, which date backs to Hippocrates (460 BC to 370 BC). Homoeopathy is a young science. And, it has been evolving.