WHAT EXACTLY IS WEIGHT LOSS ??
Weight loss is completely a mind game in which the most important thing one should have is "patience" as weight loss is a slow and steady process. People who loose weight slow and gradually are the most successful at keeping weight off.
Healthy weight loss is not just about diet plan and exercise it is completely about lifestyle change.
Reason for weight gain is not just food. It is more about person's habit, eating habit, physical activity pattern, daily routine, medical issues, etc.
Their is one simple rule in weight loss program which is the amount of calories intake should more than or equal to the amount of calories burnt. so, that the weight does not get increased.
Loosing weight is not a easy task, it takes commitment and patience.
Steps you should keep in mind while you start your weight loss journey:
- SMALLER PORTION:The portion size and obesity moves parallel. If you increase the portion size of your food simultaneously there will be an increase in your weight. Gradual increase in weight day by day will lead to obesity. One of the biggest contributes to obesity is portion size. The more you have the more you eat.
- EAT INDIVIDUALLY: When you eat in group you tend to eat more so it is advised to eat individually so that you can take care of the portion size.
- EAT SLOWLY: Eating slow and having smaller bites help you eat less and chewing it properly help in absorption of nutrients and help in healthy digestion.
- HAVE WATER BEFORE MEAL: Having water before your meal will keep you full and you won't overeat.
- SMALL AND FREQUENT MEAL: Have small and frequent meals in a gap of 2 to 3 hours every day, instead of having a few big ones as this regulates your blood sugar level and your metabolism. This will also keep your hormones balance, keeps your energy level high, improve digestion.
- INCLUDE FOODS THAT ARE FILLING: Include foods that are filling like fiber, proteins. High quality protein in the diet keeps away from hair problems moreover protein gives us a feeling of satiety which keeps us full for longer hours.
If the overall goal seems to be large see the goal as a journey. In this journey you will learn new and different eating and physical activity habits which will help you in adapting and achieving healthier lifestyle. These habits will help you in maintaining your weight in future.
Enjoy your journey to health..!!