Fungal infections of the skin have become a very common and annoying problem.
You can catch a fungal skin infection almost anywhere, our hot and humid weather just doesn't help us. Grass, pets, soil, the spores that cause fungal infections of the skin can be found pretty much anywhere.
The fungal infection makes you extremely uncomfortable and irritated. It can notoriously itch anytime, anywhere.
Some common types of fungal infections are athlete’s foot, jock itch, ringworm that can affect any part of the skin as well as the scalp.
Here are some simple measures and day to day care to keep this irritating infection away!
- Hygiene is important to keep fungal infection at bay. Take bath twice a day with lukewarm water (avoid excessive hot water) and change your inner garments too. Apply plain talcum powder especially in folds of the skin.
- Keep your private area clean and dry. Do not use irritants to clean the area.
- Fungal infection is contagious; do not share towels, handkerchief, and inner garments with anyone. Do not share combs, hair brushes too.
- Use pure cotton clothes as cotton tends to absorb moisture, keeping your body dry. Synthetic fibres tend to cause fungal infection.
- Wear loose fitting clothes to allow proper air circulation in groin areas and axillae.
- If you are a gym lover, then change out of your gym clothes right after a workout. Sweaty gear provides a perfect home for fungi and other germs to thrive and grow. Wash exercise clothes after each use. Wear clean clothes before each workout.
- Alternate your shoes pair every two or three days to give them time to dry out and thereby avoid athlete's foot
- Avoid sugar-rich food and drinks, artificial sweets, etc. fungus/yeast thrives on sugar.
- If you are diabetic, keep an eye on your blood sugar levels regularly.
- Eat healthy balanced diet, maintain good haemoglobin and other vital nutrients.
Do share this healthfeed with your friends and help them stay healthy too !
Let us know if this healthfeed was of help to you!