Heatstroke is a condition caused by your body overheating, usually as a result of prolonged exposure to or physical exertion in high temperatures. Heatstroke requires emergency treatment.
Symptoms of heat exhaustion are:
- muscle cramps·
- heavy sweating·
- pale skin·
- weakness and/or confusion·
- nausea or vomiting
- fast heartbeat·
- dark-coloured urine, which indicates dehydration.
Tips to fight the heatstroke:
- Wear loose-fitting, lightweight, light-coloured clothing.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Apply sunscreen to any exposed area of skin.
- Include cooling vegetables such as cucumber, leafy greens, cooked beets, cabbage and fruits like melons, pomegranate, banana etc.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol.
- Open windows and use fans, or turn on the air-conditioning.
- Eat smaller meals more often and cold meals such as salad.
- In hot weather don`t engage in vigorous activity in the hottest part of the day from 11 am - 5 pm.
- If playing out then rest regularly in the shade and drink fluids frequently.