Does Your Own Dog Bark at you for Offensive Sweat?
We all sweat. Sweating is a fact of life which could be caused due to stress, exercise, emotional excitement, diet, poor hygiene, hereditary hormonal imbalance, etc.
But sometimes, excessive sweating can cause discomfort, unpleasant odours, and visible marks. Ways to manage excessive sweating so it doesn’t control your life:
- Drink plenty of water. Stay Hydrated. When your body is dehydrated, your glands will produce more sweat to try and cool you down.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing. Tight-fitting clothing collects sweat and makes you sweat more because the cooling effect of evaporation is limited.
- Wear clothes made of natural fibres such as cotton.
- Choose an antibacterial bath soap. Washing thoroughly with an antibacterial soap bar will reduce the bacteria count, in turn reducing the odour.
- Change clothes often when you're sweating heavily. Fresh clothes help keep body odour down.
- Keep a fan on at work/home. Keeping air circulating can help you keep your cool.
- Be positive. Instead of starting to panic when your palms getting sweaty or your heart-rate rises, hence stay positive and relaxed.
- Avoid caffeine, spicy food, cigarettes and alcohol as it affects your adrenaline levels and hormones and makes you more prone to sweating. Also, avoid all oily, sugary, fried, junk and processed food.
- Reduce your stress levels. Try yoga.
- Use deodorant.