Premature Ejaculation (PE) occurs when a male ejaculates too early before achieving sexual orgasm. This dissatisfies both the partners who are involved in sexual intercourse. However, it is quite a common disease as 1 out of every 3 males experience this problem at some time of their life. If it is not frequent, then you need not have to worry. Else, you have to consult a Sexologist. There are several factors like biological, as well as psychological, which cause PE. Men should understand that it is common and can be treated. A combination of medications, counseling, and sexual techniques that delay ejaculations are followed to improve sex.
The inability to delay the ejaculation for more than one minute is the symptom of this. However, this problem will occur in all sexual situations including masturbation. PE can be classified as follows:
- Lifelong (primary): This occurs all or nearly all of the time right from your first sexual intercourse.
- Acquired (secondary): This occurs when you had previous sexual experiences without any ejaculation
When you feel that you ejaculate rather early during the sexual intercourse. Most of the men feel embarrassed to talk to their doctor. This is not right. You have to speak to your Sexologist to get cured of this disease. For some men, it will also lessen their concerns when they talk to the doctor.
The following are the risk factors relating to Premature Ejaculation:
- Erectile Dysfunction: If you are not getting erection regularly and you cannot hold the erection then you are at the risk of developing PE. The fear that you might not get an erection will make you hurry your sexual intercourse.
- Stress: If you are mentally or emotionally affected, then it will cause PE. It will also limit your ability to relax, as well as focus, during sexual intercourse.
PE will also cause the following problems in your personal life:
- Stress and relationship problems are quite common with those who are affected by PE.
- PE will sometimes make fertilization difficult for those who are trying to have a baby.
All these problems related to PE can be cured when you consult your doctor. You should know that it is treatable and you can lead a normal sexual life post the treatment.