What is a superfood?
Though there is no legal or medical definition, superfoods are nutrient powerhouses that pack large doses of antioxidants, polyphenols, vitamins, and minerals. Eating them may reduce the risk of chronic disease, and prolong life, and people who eat more of them are healthier and thinner than those who don't.
- The oils & phytosterols in Amaranth help Lower Cholesterol levels.
- Its Anti-Inflammatory properties can ease Pain & Reduce Inflammation.
- It is a very rich source of Protein & Fibre.
- It protects against Cancer & Lowers Blood Pressure.
- Amaranth can prevent Premature Greying.
- Peas are low in Fat, High in Protein, Fibre & Micro Nutrients.
- It has antioxidants & anti-inflammatory compounds that protects the Heart.
- It help in the regulation of blood sugar.
- It contain high amounts of a polyphenol called coumestrol. A study in Mexico City determined you only need 2 milligrams per day of this phytonutrient to prevent stomach cancer. A cup of peas has five times the quantity.
MINT LEAVES (pudhina)
- It is packed with Antioxidants & Phytonutrients that aid digestion.
- It calms stomach cramps & help beat acidity, flatulence & is beneficial for patients with Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Mint Extract helps soothe aches & pains.
- Its Anti-Bacterial & Anti-inflammatory properties help fight oral infections.
- It help relieves Cold & Cough by clearing the Nasal Passages.
- Goji Berries are used to treat Eye, Liver & Kidney Ailments.
- They are rich in Vitamin C and can help reduce symptoms of cold.
- Since they are low in Calories, they are known to aid Weight Loss.
- They are loaded with Beta Carotene, which helps promote Healthy Skin.
- Soya is a rich source of Protein and Minerals like Calcium, Iron, Selenium & Magnesium.
- It has a high percentage of Unsaturated Fat & Dietary Fibre.
- It contains Omega-3 Fatty Acids, which benefit Heart Health.
- It contains Isoflavones which help reduce the risk of various Cancer, Heart Disease & Osteoporosis.
- Barley is high in Fibre keeping you full for a Longer time. This reduces calorie intake and help lose weight.
- It helps lower Blood Sugar & Blood Pressure.
- Researchers at University of Tokushima,found that Glucose Levels were lower after meals when subjects shift from Rice to Barley.
- A Japanese study showed that Barley intake significantly reduced Serum Cholesterol & Visceral Fat, both accepted markers of Cardiovascular Risk.
" When you start eating Food without Labels, You no longer need to Count Calories."