What is a Sunscreen?
- Protects by forming thin coat.
- Effective for approx. 2 to 3 hrs.
- No effects on anti ageing process.
What is a Sunblock?
- Stops UV radiations.
- Effective for approx. 5 hrs.
- Can be applied just before sun exposure.
- May result in osteoporosis.
Know More About Sun Protection Formula (spf)
- Normal people with no treatment: 5 spf
- People undergoing skin treatment: 30 to 50 spf
Values may defer according to preferences of physician
Contents of Spf
- Salicyclates (UV B protection).
- Cinnamates (UV B protection).
- Benzoferrones (UV A protection)(may lead to allergy).
- Benzylmethane (UV protection both A & B).
- Physical blockers (zinc oxide, titanium oxide)(sunblocks).
Know More About Tan Protection Forumla (tpf)
- Fair skin