PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) or PCOD (Polycystic ovarian disorder) is a clinical situation of hormonal imbalance in young women of reproductive age group.Its primary clinical presentation is menstrual irregularity and non- ovulation. PCOS in general and its effect on ovulation can impair fertility.Let us look at how stress in PCOS affects fertility.
Why PCOS causes Stress?
- Difficulty in conceiving
- Constant reminder from doctor and relatives for lifestyle modifications
- Inability to find time and energy for exercising
- Food habits- very difficult to change and adapt
How does Stress Affect Fertility?
Chronic Stress leads to Anovulation And Irregular Menses
- Family Support
- Junk Food
Leads to Release of Stress related hormones
- Inhibits release of Gonadotropins hormones from Pituitary gland
- Leads to less secretion of sex hormones
Further Leads to
- Less ovulation
- Poor Quality Ova
- Poor Libido
Ways To Overcome Stress
- Exercise - Walking, Jogging, Swimming
- Joyful Activities Like - Dancing, Singing, Art and Craft creativities
- Relaxation Activities - Yoga & Meditation, Holiday, Acupressure, Foot reflexology, Spa and Massage
- Subconscious Mind Training & Visualization Techniques
- Practice Attitude of Gratitude
- Break from Therapy for a few months - Psychotherapy, Pharmacotherapy & Medicinal support
Will reduced stress improve fertility potential?
It is a scientifically proven fact that women who are relaxed and calm during the fertility treatment period stand higher chance of successful outcome.
A mind full of positive energy will aid body in healing faster.