Causes of Acne & Pimples
During puberty clogged hair follicle i.e. pore in the skin gets blocked due to oil production in the sebaceous glands & also accumulation of bacteria, dirt increases small pustules or blisters on the face or other parts of the body. As per studies & observation girls and young ladies suffer more than boys. During pregnancy as well as after child birth, females are prone to this problem. Acne usually improves around the age of 16 years but may persist into adulthood.
Acne causes depression
Acne causes some oily tendencies on the sites & severe psychological distress that affect mood, lowers self-esteem, anxiety, depression, and even up to suicidal thoughts. Everyone does not show his or her face publicly or at friends or peer circles due to some unwanted comments or suggestions & advice. There are some common factors or reasons why this happens?
Several hormones are responsible for pimples, acne, like the androgens, testosterone, dihydrotestosterone (DHT) dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEA-S) as well as insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) and growth hormone (HGH)Some common causes
Acne is mostly seen genetically or in connection with heredity. Apart from these, the below-mentioned causes are assumed to be the common causes.
1. Constipation may be for chronic cases.
2. Hormonal imbalance of Estrogens, Progesterone, Adrenalin, Testosterone, Thyroid Stimulating Hormones during the young age happens because of already mentioned reasons.
3. Lack of or insufficient water & fluids.
4. Very high consumption of fried foods, rich spicy foods, street foods some junk, fast foods etc.
5. Malnutrition may be due to over or undernutrition.
6. Lack of fibre rich foods (like whole grains, wheat, brown bread, brown rice or more)
7. Lack of Vegetables, greens, gourd family vegetables.
8. Usage of excess facial creams, improper moisturiser by girls and even boys in the teenage period.
9. Alcohol & smoking addictions
10. Lack or insufficiency of Vitamin–C. i.e citrus fruits, Vitamin A & E.
11. During pregnancy due to some biological/physical changes.
12. Irregular periods .i.e Menstruation cycle.
13. High level of stress, work pressure, untimely meals & pollution.
Best Solutions by Diet at home
1. Consumption of all fibre rich foods,
2. Fruits like guava, orange, mausambi, all berries, pears, cucumber, all whole fruits mainly.
3. Plenty of vegetables, eat all gourd family vegetables like bitter gourd, snake gourd, beetroot, carrot, capsicum, spinach, greens as roughage.
4. No problems with milk or dairy products but yes, some people are allergic, so watch out for that particular food item.
5. Sufficient water, no stress. Just normal lifestyle.
6. Early morning rising & mild exercises
7. Should not suffer from chronic constipation.
8. No fast/junk foods, unhygienic foods. No rich spicy foods.
9. Good nutritive foods, balanced diet, timely eating but no skipping meals, especially breakfast.
10. Frequent meals not heavy, but small meals mostly fibre based.
11. Take water after 5 minutes of each meal.
12. Acne can be improved with the use of any combined oral contraceptive pill at post marriage birth control stage preferably under a doctor’s supervision.
13. Most importantly a low-glycemic-index diet is recommended as a dietary method of improving acne.
14. Most importantly a low-glycemic index diet is recommended as a dietary method of improving acne & pimples.
Do not press or squeeze acne or pimples as it will lead to bad looking scars on your face.
Prevention is better than cure!