If you have a Toddler, you certainly know the struggles of keeping everything safe from them and more importantly, keeping them safe from everything. With their newly discovered ways of crawling and walking, nothing is out of reach from them.
When you are at home it is difficult to keep 24×7 surveillance over them. So, it is essential to adopt other ways to keep your kids safe from harmful nooks and objects at home. Here’re a list of things you can do to make your home baby-proof:
- Keep sharp objects like knives, forks, etc. out of reach of children by keeping them in locked drawers.
- Tape electric boards and outlets which can be reached by your children.
- Remove stools and chairs with sharp edges.
- Keep your cupboards locked. (Other than finding things, they can lock themselves up inside.)
- Keep medicines, toilet cleaners, detergents, phenyl, and other harmful liquids at a higher place where your kid cannot reach them.
- Restrict the way to stairs so that they don’t try climbing them in your absence.
- Keep hot utensils carefully and out of reach of your children.
- Keep your kitchen locked when no one’s around.
- Don’t give them toys with small parts that can be swallowed or inserted into the nose or ears.
- Don’t cover them with large blankets as they cannot get out of it themselves and can suffocate in worse scenarios.
These are some of the common precautions you need to take for your toddler. Other than that, you need to adjust as per your toddler’s habits. In case of anything going wrong, take them immediately to your nearest hospital with emergency pediatric services. Don’t wait and try home-made tactics or remedies.